You may be tempted to put off getting that tiny cavity filled or that small area of tooth decay taken care of, but an untreated cavity could eventually mean an infection and a tooth extraction later. Dr. Brett Barney and Dr. Jonathan Hall offer composite dental fillings to repair your cavities and restore the health, strength and appearance of your teeth.
Traditionally, dental fillings have been made of silver amalgam material. However, our dentists and team use only composite, or tooth-colored, filling material when providing your treatment. We have chosen this material to provide you with a more natural final result and to promote your long-term oral health. Composite fillings have many benefits, including:
- Material that bonds to your tooth, providing greater support for the structure of the tooth
- A reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages
- Better seals around the damaged area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- No mercury or other metals are used, giving you a safer treatment
When you receive your filling, our dentists will begin by carefully cleaning the tooth to remove all damage and decay from the treatment area. We will carefully select a filling that matches your natural tooth color. The filling material will then be placed, shaped to fit your tooth and hardened to complete your treatment. This entire process can be completed in a single appointment.
We invite you to call Desert Dental Group at 520-663-0419 to schedule your appointment with our dentists and learn more about composite dental fillings in Tucson, Arizona!