Did you know that your toothbrush plays a key role in your oral health? As it is an instrument that you rely heavily on for your daily cleaning routines, if it is not taken care of, your teeth will not be getting the care they need. Thus, upgrade your toothbrush regularly to ensure your oral health remains optimum.
The time is now to upgrade your toothbrush. Listed below are important facts regarding your toothbrush:
– To ensure your brush will continue to work effectively, try swapping your toothbrush out every 3-4 months, or earlier if necessary.
– Brushes with soft bristles are easier on your teeth, as enamel abrasion is less likely to occur.
– Always talk to your dentist about product approvals or recommendations.
– Don’t forget to store your toothbrush in a safe location that is free from other toothbrushes, as this can prevent contamination from occurring. Generally, never share your brush with others and always store it in a safe space.
– Regular toothbrushes may not always suit your oral health care needs. For an alternative brush, try changing to an electric toothbrush.
– Always use a brush that can easily fit into your mouth and reach all areas within.
– When searching for the right toothpaste and toothbrush for your specific needs, always look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance to ensure the products have been proven safe and effective.
– Make sure to store your toothbrush upright in a well-ventilated area. If your toothbrush must be stored in a sealed container, on long vacations, for example, do so only for limited amounts of time, as bacteria can grow in damp areas.
For more tooth brushing advice and help from our team at Desert Dental Group, come in for a visit. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Brett M. Barney, please book an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Tucson, Arizona. We can be reached at (520) 663.0419. We can help you choose the right service for a brighter smile!